Friday, June 10, 2011

What Insanity Must Feel Like...

I have come to a firm conclusion that insanity must feel just like being pregnant. Not just any part of being pregnant, because honestly most of pregnancy can make you question why on Earth anyone would want to do this, let alone more than once, but specifically the last two weeks. In my case, this pregnancy's last two weeks has been far more unbearable than my other three pregnancy endings. Mostly because I have LOTS of extra amniotic fluid this time.

Let me give you an idea. When I was 36 weeks along (that's 4 weeks from due date), I had enough fluid that my uterus was as big as it should be at 40 weeks. So a whole MONTH'S worth of extra fluid. Now compound that with already not being able to tie my own shoes, sweep the floor without my hips aching, not being able to sit for more than 5 min without my tailbone making me want to scream, and not being able to bend over without sending shoots of stomach acid up my throat, and I think you get the idea. Sick of my whining? Well get over it. I'm pregnant and whiny and if you don't like it, go read someone else's blog.

To make things worse, my body is gearing up for labor. It's not being very nice about it either. Why? Because it's interrupting my sleep, every night, for the last four nights. Just three nights ago I was woken up by contractions strong enough not to let me sleep, for four hours, and they were about 5 min apart the whole time. It's worse than hitting snooze for 4 hours. I also don't do well on lack of sleep. I get snarky. Especially when my body is already drained making a baby AND a bunch of extra fluid. Sheesh.

So I'm tired, snarky, uncomfortable, hot, feeling a little crazy, and just plain ready to get this over with......anyone got a crochet hook I can borrow?

1 comment:

  1. Liz I LOVE it! Go right ahead and be snarky all that you want! you have earned it!

    ReplyDelete