Thursday, March 18, 2010

Autumn the Mighty

Ok so, Autumn has gotten frustrated with having her belly on the floor all the time. But she hadn't quite figured out how to get up on her hands and knees. So she got inventive. . . .

Autumn does push-ups!!! A few time she has done a push-up and then lunged forward, but mostly she does this when she is mad that she's still on the floor. This was taken last week, (I know, I'm slow to post) and now she can get up on her hands and knees. Mostly she does a push-up, then pulls one knee in, then the other. No forward motion yet. She turns herself around in circles, and backs herself into furniture and corners, which really offends her! She is really eager to catch up to her brothers! I'm not allowed to put her on her back without a piercing scream of disapproval, she hates to lay on her back, because then she isn't up like everyone else!
I took this picture on my phone and was showing some of my derby girls, and got some interesting comments. One girl told me I better run if she starts doing one-arm push-ups! The other told me it would make for some awesome commercials to promote breastfeeding..."Look what breastmilk can do for your baby!!!" Of course they all felt it meant she was gonna be one awesome derby girl when she grows up!
I love this little girl SO much! She has such a sweetness to her! Her smile is very contagious and rewarding! On the other hand she is very ambitious and I'm sure will be the ruler of her brothers! Alex is smitten and always wants to cuddle, hold, or show her off. Anthony is SUPER protective! Non-family members are not allowed to look at or touch her without his approval, otherwise he'll tell you, "My sister!"
As protective as her brothers are, any future boys will not only have to get past them AND her father, but will have to be able to keep up with her as well! I have a feeling she will be a force to be reckoned with all on her own!

3 comments:

  1. That is pretty much the coolest baby trick I have ever seen! Autumn what a manly Manley you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's awesome. and so sweet. and I think she's going to rule the homestead for sure!

    ReplyDelete