Monday, March 8, 2010

Monsters...

No I'm not referring to my children as monsters...well not today anyway. (: I'm referring to their funny way they deal with the "monsters".
The other night, Anthony came downstairs crying because he had a nightmare about monsters. As I put him back to bed after some cuddling and convincing that bad monsters are not allowed in our house, Alex woke up briefly asking what was wrong with Anthony. I told him he'd had a bad dream about monsters.
The next day the boys wanted to dress up in their costumes. After I got them all decked out, they told me they had to get the bad monsters that had scared Anthony. I know this must have been Alex's idea, and it was a pretty cool big brother thing to do. They spent probably about 45 min taking turns getting the bad monsters. Anthony slept soundly that night. (:
Yesterday Alex and Anthony were chasing after each other and crawling on the floor while growling. I asked him if he was being a tiger or a scary monster. Alex said, "No, today I'm just a sea monster." Anthony said, "Yeah, monster." So funny.
So one day they are killing the monsters, the next day they ARE the monsters, and yes, some days I agree.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew wanted to know what super hero Anthony was... bat turtle? Your boys are so cute. We like to read their crazy antics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, childhood is incomplete without hero costumes, and adventures destroying monsters!

    ReplyDelete