Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ape-Walker

Autumn is getting much better at crawling. Before I would walk out of a room and do something, and come back and she might be at the edge of the room I just left her in, depending on how long I took. Now I walk back and she is halfway or most of the way through the next room.

Progress.

Of course most children get faster at crawling as they get more practice. The amusing thing about Autumn is that the second room is hardwood flooring (well Pergo fun stuff really) and she
hates crawling on it because it hurts her knees.
So she ape-walks. Literally. Hands and feet, not hands and knees. Mind you, the progress is interesting to me, because before, she would whine and holler at me the whole time she ape-crawled/walked.

I always knew she was coming and had gotten to the harder flooring cuz she was so dang vocal about it. I'm not sure if it was, "This-takes-me-forever,-come-pick-me-up-Mommy!"-cry or a "This-really-hurts,-how-dare-you-make-me-suffer,-come-pick-me-up-Mommy!"-cry. Either way, I rarely did. I know, bad mommy that I am. But mostly I was walking away to deal with my mischievous boys, or mundane household duties, both meaning I couldn't pick her up right away.

Well now, I'm frequently caught off-guard when I walk back through a room, because suddenly she is there at the doorway to the third room, or halfway through the second, and she didn't fuss, cry, whine, or holler at me to come get her. It's like she had bells on her toes before, and somehow she figured out how to silence them now. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of upset noises, just different.

This it gonna take some getting used to. I will especially need to take care walking through the house with a full basket of laundry. Stepping on her will make her holler at me again for sure!

1 comment:

  1. ha1 love the ape walk. cute little stinker. and yeah, having the "kid alarm" turned off changes everything...

    ReplyDelete