Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Downtrodden

Today that is how I am feeling.

I wanna cry. My tailbone has been giving me fits for months now. I'm used to dealing with it during pregnancy, since it's something that I've dealt with during all four pregnancies. I blamed it on my widening hips, leaving my tailbone all alone to hold my burgeoning belly weight, and it complained loudly about it. Having problems after pregnancy, well, I am not used to that, and so now I am complaining loudly about it


Yes, I still can't sit for very long (ie; 5 min) without being in pain, or wincing when I get up. My other three pregnancies, the tailbone pain was gone almost immediately after giving birth. Why, oh why, is this one different. Why am I still in pain?!?!


Before you pull out your condescending "you should go to the chiropractor" thoughts, I have. Four times now, since giving birth, and my daughter is 8 weeks old. Not once have I had any respite, not once has it felt better, even for a day. No, I have not hurt it during roller derby either, and I haven't fallen and landed on my bum, so I know it's not broken or bruised. So there!


I am at my wits end about it. Like I've said before, I am a ninny. I cannot handle pain that lasts long enough for me to analyze and think about. If it's quick and over fast, I don't have to really deal with it, just mention how much it sucked. But this?! This has gone on FAR too long.


Then, yesterday, I drove an hour to go to roller derby practice (I haven't been in two weeks for gas money reasons) all for pretty much nothing. Well except for my tailbone to hurt from the drive. A contractor for the rink screwed up and painted hockey lines on the rink floor on the wrong day. Wet paint = moaning and groaning about all my wasted gas money.


Today, I went to work out in my circuit training class at the YMCA, like I have been for two weeks now. I was struck with some bad self-thoughts while looking at myself in the mirror while kicking, bouncing, and all that jazz. When did I get so jiggly? Ugh! Yes I am there to tone and lose weight, but I look so awkward doing it right now and my side view of myself is so undesirable, that I felt very discouraged. Plus, I know that since I am breastfeeding, I cannot do things that would help me lose weight faster, because it would be bad for my Abigail. So I'm also discouraged that this is going to be a long journey down this weight loss path, and I'm going to be seeing a lot of that jiggle in the mirror at class for a while.


So today, I feel downtrodden and I want to cry, a lot. I want very much to find a solution to my tailbone ailment, to my gas money problem (so I don't feel awful for spending it to drive to roller derby practice again Wednesday), and for this weight to melt off me faster, please.

4 comments:

  1. Just think of all the extra calories Miss Abigail is consuming FOR YOU! after the 6 month mark it makes a big difference.

    I have a 2 year old.....

    and I JIGGLE... profusely

    I understand the feelings, pain, frustration, and we ALL wish it was easier...

    No pain no gain. That is all the pep talk I am going to give.

    You'll be SKINNY- MINNY Soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lizzard,

    Stop being whiny crybaby pants. I'm sorry that your butt hurts and if there was something I could do to help, I would. As for how you look, well... you're an amazingly beautiful woman inside and out and soon you'll be back to where you can see it yourself. Until then, just trust the rest of us ok?

    As for the gas money situation... well... we'll just teach you to ride that bike then even if practice is stupidly canceled, you at least get to ride.

    Love,
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you're feeling so down, lovely lady. It probably won't make you feel any better, but I jiggle lots and don't have any kids to show for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Notorious J.I.G.,
    Please remember that post partum depression is very real, and runs in the family, and magnifies everything from annoying to soul-crushing. You really do look amazing, and you are the farthest thing I know from a whiney crybaby. You handle your trials and challenges with grace and humor, and you are so laid back about everything else, I think you totally deserve to kick up a fuss when so moved. Awesome for sticking w/ the Y thing, keep it up and it will help with the jiggle pants AND the baby blues. {hug}

    ReplyDelete