Saturday, June 3, 2017

Completely Capable

Too many times in my life, I've been told I couldn't or shouldn't be doing something, because of being a women, or especially a pregnant woman. Well, let me educate you. I am a completely capable human being of doing things for myself. I am perfectly capable of doing things and normal human being can do, EVEN while pregnant. Why yes, I can lift that box that someone told me was too heavy for me. Yes, I can change my own tire, brakes, washer fluid. In fact, I even know that blinker fluid doesn't exist. 
Today, my husband was unavailable, and the pool that I had set up, just this week, needed repairs (dang kids that think the cat would want to swim), and the pump that needed set up and connected. So I patched the holes in the inflatable ring of the pool, using a bicycle tube repair kit, and carried a compressor out of the garage, and inflated the ring. Then I read the instructions, (yeah guys, it's usually good idea to do that, take pointers here) and set the pump up. Ran extension cords, hooked up hoses, screwed clamps shut, and turned it on. All by myself. I am now my children's hero, cuz I got the pool up and running again. Yup. While being a woman, not having a man tell me how to use a compressor, or attach the compressor hose and nozzle attachment. Yes I know a LOT of women don't have men to help them with the less dainty tasks in life, and find themselves perfectly capable of doing them without help. In my situation though, because I've had a very handy man as my husband for 14 years, it's often assumed that I don't know how to do such tasks and leave them all to Tony. Well, I admit that I do let him do most of those handy man type tasks, but mostly cuz he gets great satisfaction out of being my handy guy. 
Today though, I was the hero. Sorry Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment