Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alexander the Great

So recently, my wind down time in the evening has changed. It used to seem like as soon as I got home from work, (if it was an early night), Tony and I were putting the boys to bed 15 min after I walked in the door. So, honestly, we made no time for story time. Rush rush rush, go to bed. So now that there is time for real wind down time at night, bed time ritual has begun to include books again...we used to read to Alex all the time for bed, when it was just Alex. So I called my mom for book suggestions, since she always had books for us kids at home. She recommended I go to the library. So go to the library I did, with all three kids in tow. I picked out books for them and they picked out books for them. Alex has been so happy that I'm reading to him that nap time must now include book time too. Anthony just likes to hold the book and won't even let me attempt to touch it, let alone turn the page....so I don't really get to read his books to him, he just listens in when I read to Alex. Yesterday was round two to the library, and I let the boys pick out the majority of the books this time. Alex came home with two books shaped like dinosaurs about, (you guessed it!) dinosaurs! These are non fiction books that I thought might be a little boring for him, but he adores them! Today I caught him repeating some of the dialogue while "reading" to himself.
I'm starting to wonder if it's time to try and teach this kid how to read?! But boy does he have an awesome memory. Just ask him, he can tell you what that dinosaur on that book is, and he'll be happy to tell you ALL about it!

1 comment:

  1. do it! do it! give that boy something to challenge his over-active little brain. I reccommend "How to teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons"...with a lot of story time to go with it!

    ReplyDelete