Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Day After...

So Tony has come and gone. I was glad to have him home, it was a nice birthday present. I made sure the house was tidy, and thanks to my mother helping me thoroughly cleaning back in January, it was pretty easy to make the house look decent. I made sure to have some meals planned that Tony likes, and the groceries in the house for those meals. I made sure all the laundry was caught up, and the dishes, etc. Then I sat back and enjoyed his company while he was here for a few days.
He left Wednesday afternoon and the house has become a place of crazy children! I swear these kids go insane for a day or two right after he leaves. Like they are mad at me for making him go, so they make all the messes they can manage! Besides the dishes that covers my counters and the laundry that needs caught up (cuz I didn't do any while Tony was here) I'll give you the list...so far anyway, because we are only halfway through day two.Last night Alex clogged and flooded the toilet after using it. (Only this morning did he confess that he put too much toilet paper in the toilet.) So last night I got to clean up yucky post-use toilet water. Which meant I had to wash the bathroom mats, mop the floor, and wipe down the toilet. Alex and Anthony both cleared out both toy baskets and have them scattered EVERYWHERE! I mean literally I can't walk more than three steps without having to step over toys. Anthony pulled ALL the books off the bookshelf while I was on the phone. They took the sheet of Anthony's bed and pulled the mattress off and were slid down the stairs with it. Alex tossed a handfull of papers down the stairs while I was putting Autumn to sleep (who I now have to feed in a quite room, just me and her, or she wears her milk). To top it off, I need to go grocery shopping, which is oh so fun with three little ones in tow.So now, not only am I wanting to hole up in my bedroom out of self-pity because I'm without my husband for another month, but I have to face the music and clean this crazy house and be the enemy to my kids while I punish them for doing things I told them not to do in the first place. I know I'm no fun, they tell me all the time.All in all, I survive though, cuz these little rascals really are funny and crack me up. They keep me going, without them I would be.....on vacation with Tony! Just kidding (:

2 comments:

  1. you know, it's not a shameful thing to load up the kids, drive away from the crazy-messy house, and go have some mommy-kid fun time somewhere...like a McDonalds play space! You have four weeks to get things back in line, so take some time off and love up the kids who miss their daddy as badly as you do. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how I remember those days...toys all over the floor. There are some days I long to have those toys scattered everywhere again. As my kids grow up and need me less and less I find myself missing them even though they are still here. Just all big. I know it's hard not to go insane because I so often did and still do...but do what Amber says. Take them to McDonald's playland...let them run and have fun. So very soon they will be all grown up.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete