Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Absence

Ok, so I know it's been a long time since I've posted. A really, really, really long time. Yeah like 8 months. You still love me right? First let me explain. This has been the summary off my life events in order for the last 6 months.

1-Tony came home from being on the road (we paid off $27k in debt while we was on the road!!)

2-I promptly became pregnant (I'm sure you don't even need to ask if it has anything with event #1).

3-I went back to work because without the overtime income from Tony being on the road, we still needed my income as well.

4-My boss informed me he was going to be closing down my place of employment, probably within a few weeks, and sooner if I got a job elsewhere.

5-I freaked.

6-I tried seeking employment in places that would pay me what I was used to making. No one wanted me. I went back to work at Sonic.

7-I continued to work 2 jobs. Job #1 was going to be available a little longer and our family needed the larger income, but I didn't want to quit Job #2 for fear of Job#1 ending shortly and not being welcomed back at Job #2. (Although now that I think back on it, Robert will ALWAYS take me back, hehehe).

8-I worked 60-70 hours a week for the next 3 months while pregnant. (Most the time I got 5 hours sleep, to get up and work for the next 17 hours. Sometimes 10 days in a row before getting a day off, or even a half day off.)

9-Tax return came back, and it was GINORMOUS!! Yes they definitely WAY overtax overtime. We were able to put $15k toward our auto loan.

10-I continued the "work myself to death" for another month to pay off the remaining balance on the loan.

11-I quit both my jobs to be a stay-at-home-mom!!!

So while there were several times I thought I was gonna die, or that I had to call someone on the way home from one of my jobs to keep from falling asleep while driving, or I thought I was gonna kill someone else because I was too tired to have any patience, or that my children didn't know who I was anymore, well, it paid off.

After almost 6 years of wanting to be home with my children, Tony and I have finally worked our little tooshies off enough to make that dream a reality.

After all this, Tony likes to tell me that I just proved that I'm stronger than I give my self credit for. I know that I cannot take all the credit. I am not a nice person without a decent amount of sleep, especially when I'm pregnant and most of my energy is being used to create a baby. I also had some horrible morning sickness during most of this time working two jobs. I was pretty much forced to be a vegetarian, and I hated it. I was able to function (though barely sometimes), and I was a reasonably pleasant person (albeit rather whiny) and managed not to bite off any heads or kill anyone. I was blessed. God blessed me with the strength to make it through this so that I could accomplish my goal to be home with my children and raise them the way He would want me to. I have no doubt that I had divine help, cuz yeah, I'm a wimp. No joke there.

The last 4 months have been the hardest, toughest ever! I am thankful for my wonderful husband who listened when I cried, who cheered me on, who picked up the slack around the house, and for being so patient with me, who insisted that our children needed me home. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. I am thankful for all the snuggles and hugs and kisses my children are lavishing me with because they missed me so. I am grateful for a loving Father who knew precisely what I needed, not an easy out, but to be strengthened in the exact way I needed, so that I could accomplish what I had to do, so that I could fully appreciate the blessing of being at home with my children.

I am so happy to be home.

1 comment:

  1. You really ARE superwoman, you know. I agree with Tony, you don't give yourself enough credit. Welcome home (and welcome back to the blogosphere).

    ReplyDelete