Friday, April 8, 2011

Today is Another Day Marked by Freedom

So today is the official day that our vehicle loans get paid off! I received my last paychecks from both jobs this week. So I was able to sit down Wednesday, and write a check for the remainder - $1212.75, and mail it to Exchange National Bank and Trust Co. This paid off the loan on the truck and the minivan. Paying this off meant that $690 a month is no longer going out the door to pay another creditor (although they've been pretty cool creditors, and I recommend them highly). It also meant that between not paying daycare ($200 a week average) and not having the vehicle payment anymore, has allowed me to be a mom full time! :) I know, I know, this news isn't new to anyone, I've already told you about paying off the loan through all of the hard efforts me and my husband have put into our finances.

BUT, today it's official! Just had to share.

Oh yeah, and I'm potty training Anthony, and today is the first day (since Monday) that he has been excited and willing! So today may be another day of freedom from changing diapers on the stubborn three year old!

3 comments:

  1. Freedom! It must feel so good. And successful PT duty on Anthony will make your life much easier, as well, I suspect. Love you, L.I.Z.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! My husband and I did Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University a few months ago and are working on paying off our debts. It's a slow process, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I am so glad! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete