Friday, July 1, 2011

Rumors

There have been some rumors flying around like a mad, and I must say, that since they are all about me, I must be responsible and do my duty to dispell the crazy talk.

I am not Super Woman. 

Sorry folks, I hate to break it to you, but I'm not. I am also not a "bad mamma jamma", "hard core", someone to be in awe of or scared of, and a few other complimentary descriptions using expletives.

To be frank, I'm just crazy.

Plain and simple. I'm crazy about roller derby, and the pesky business of laying in bed all day and healing after having a baby, had gone on long enough! Yes, I know that I'm still technically healing, but since I'm not bleeding anymore, and activity isn't causing me to start bleeding again, (sorry if that's TMI) I just can't keep off my skates. Can you  blame me?

My husband says my head is getting a little inflated, so I figured I'd tell all my ardent admirers to halt with the flattery, so that my head will get back to it's original size. After all, flattery gets you no where (or so they say) and I certainly don't want my head to be ill-proportioned to my body, cuz then I'd just look silly.

Seriously though, I'm only returning to my derby love so soon, because I know my body is healed enough, and that I need derby to get back in shape. If I was not lucky enough to have a healthy, quick healing body, I would be just a normal as the rest of you mere mortals.

So carry on, feel free to compliment me on other aspects of my awesomesauce, just keep the Super Woman comments to a minimum. After all, a girl needs to be somewhat sensible.

2 comments:

  1. Eh....humble shmumble. You still rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and your modesty. Even more, I'm happy that you're back and that your body is taking it well! You know your body better than anyone else. :)

    ReplyDelete