Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh my Anthony, how I love thee, let me counts the ways....

Today has been a long and very tiresome day. I went to work at Domino's (yes I don't technically work there, but because my boss is way awesome I promised I'd help out with this very large order) at 1:30am to help put out 721 pizzas and 250 orders of wings. All for inmates on good behavior to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday. UGH! Then I met my lovely sister Amber (who stayed at my house with her honey and her brood so that my kids were supervised as they dreamed) and clan, at church so that I could teach my Sunday school class of 9 year olds. And last I brought my brood home and managed to stay coherent for about...... 10 min. I figured out quickly that every time I sat down I fell asleep purdy dang quick. So I woke up and decided I had to keep busy or my house would get torched by 2 very mischievous little boys.

Only I did this a little too late.

Well the house wasn't torched, but Alex and Anthony must have been hungry. They had finished off pancakes that were on the table left over from breakfast, and had taken yogurt cups upstairs to eat them in secret. Alex had eaten all of his, but Anthony had decided to paint with his.
Yogurt I guess must be a fun finger paint for coffee tables, carpet and futons. When I told Anthony that we eat yogurt at the table, this was the face I got. He knew I was not excited about this secret artsy play time of his, but I knew that as tired as I was, I would be a little harsh, ok maybe a lot harsh. So a little mommy voice in my head said "Take a picture and blog."

So I took a picture, pulled out the wipes and quick as a jiffy fingers, face, and house were clean. Thank goodness I had discovered this mess before it had spread too much, or before it dried. Even more, thank goodness for taking a deep breath and that selling children is illegal.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha good for you Liz! Poor anthony looks so sad. Also you little girl is almost crawling? Man Anne is still working on lifting her head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're superwoman, you know that? it took me YEARS to figure those things out!...except the part about it being illegal to sell children, I mean. Sorry your afternoon was so rough. love you!

    ReplyDelete