Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Worthy Oppenant / Subject

Once again, Alex used his camera sonar and found the camera. This time it was in my jewelry box on top of my dresser. How he got it I really don't know. So I found the camera on the living room floor as I was picking up the lifetime supply of hot wheels cars, and knew instantly how it got there. So I turned it on, and low and behold... Alex photography! Imagine that! Enough sarcasm, sorry.
Now let me explain why all of these pictures happen to be of Anthony. Just like most siblings, Alex and Anthony have a love-hate relationship.
Alex hates him when Anthony whoops up on him, which happens more than you'd think. Anthony is a tough little brute, and he hits hard! Not only that but he's a bit of a klutz and frequently hurts people out of pure clumsiness, and wholly on accident. He also is so used to bumping into things and falling so when Alex tries to inflict punishment or revenge for some hideous injustice on Anthony's part, it doesn't phase him enough, at least not enough to keep him from retaliating. Which sends Alex crying to me. I'm never really sure who starts it, but Anthony frequently finishes it. Alex loves Anthony because he makes such a great Alex follower. Alex is definitely your typical Alpha-male. He is very used to being the boss with other kids, and I frequently have to remind him that he's not the boss of me. Think, "Mommy do I need to spank your butt for making me sad?" Seriously. Anthony of course is more than happy to do as Alex says, because most moments he thinks Alex is pretty fun. Whatever Alex wants to play, Anthony is more than willing to go along with it. If Alex wants to do something mischievous, Anthony is right there too! If Alex knows he'll get in trouble for it, he has Anthony do it. Frequently I'll ask Alex to do something, he'll then walk out of the room and have Anthony do it for him. Most common thing is sending Anthony to ask me or tell me something. Hence the love of his little constant companion/buddy/follower/minion.This morning Alex was unhappy because Anthony wasn't doing what Alex told him to. This happened to be Anthony giving up his toy to Alex. Anthony wouldn't have it. So Alex came to me and told me he didn't want to play with Anthony anymore and to tell Anthony to leave him alone. Funny how Alex doesn't like it when Anthony stands up for himself. It's a good thing they forgive and forget so easily. It's a good thing Anthony is such a good sport about it all.Anthony also quite enjoys posing for the camera and getting his picture taken, so as you can see he was quite happy to perform for Alex as Alex clicked away. Most of these pictures are of Anthony racing a truck through the house, which, besides doing what Alex wants, is his favorite thing to do.

3 comments:

  1. I love how Anthony has a truck in his mouth the whole time. What goofs you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One truck in your mouth, one truck in your hand, freedom from clothing, an attentive paparazzi...what more could a little boy want?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Alex has a future in photography?

    ReplyDelete