Saturday, February 13, 2010

Time Flies When Your Pluggin Away at Life!

Any of you who are facebookers, may have noticed the Valentine's Day theme profile pics and status posts. Well I finally got my printer/scanner to work so that I could scan a picture of Tony and I (where I don't look upset like I did in the last one). I decided to use the one we sent out for our engagement pictures (to announce how crazy we were to even think about getting married at the unholy ages of 20 and 21!) that I'm kinda fond of. I think I look pretty good, but then again I'm reminded how tiny I used to be, and how similar to a porpoise I am now, blah. But anyway, I pulled it out of the picture frame off our dresser, and scanned it.

As I was loading it onto facebook and doing the math in my head how long Tony and I have been together, I realized, WHOAH, it's been 9 years since we first met. Now granted we didn't start dating for another year or so, but we had lots of comical jabs at each others expense while slaving away at Sonic. I also cannot say we have been together since we started dating, we broke up, realized we wanted to be together, broke up, realized we couldn't live without each other, got engaged, broke up, got re-engaged, got married. It was a definite roller coaster ride of emotions and relationships.

I look at this picture and I can almost see how much we were in love. We look so happy, (and so young) and we were.
Glad we stuck through it all, and still can, and figure out the bottom line.
We are in love. We need each other. Yup, still, but boy did we look like kids.

2 comments:

  1. That was a fun day, when we did those photos. And, yup, you looked like kids! But I think that's how we are all supposed to start. If we start as old, fat people, we have nowhere to go from there! Do you still have the disk with all the pictures we did that day? I don't think I have them anymore...

    ReplyDelete